As your pest control experts in Brantford and surrounding areas, Arrow Pest Control not only provides effective and lasting solutions, we also believe in educating customers. Please keep reading to learn more about bed bugs and be sure to check out our section on preparing for your bed bug treatment. If you are concerned you might have an infestation, contact the professionals at Arrow Pest Control.
It is necessary for people to leave the treatment area and stay away for at least 6 hours after the treatment is completed. For pregnant ladies or people with respiratory problems (such as asthma), it is mandatory that they remain off-premises for at least 24 hours after the bed bug treatment.
Pets such as dogs, cats, birds, hamsters, lizards, snakes, etc., should be removed from the premises before the treatment begins and should be kept away for at least 6 hours after the treatment. Aquariums can remain in place, but the filtration and aeration systems should be turned off and the tank should be adequately covered. The filtration and aeration systems may be turned back on 6 hours after the treatment.
The following is the client’s responsibility:
- Clean well and reduce clutter by organizing and arranging household effects.
- The beds should be bare when the technician arrives. All bedding, slip covers, pillow cases, etc., must be removed before the service technician arrives.
- Clothing, blankets, comforters, pillows and pillow cases should be washed in hot water (separate from all other laundry) or put in the dryer on high heat, before or immediately after the treatment to avoid a resurgence of bed bugs.
- Clean bed sheets should be used after service.
- All clothing that has been in contact with the floor or in nearby dressers should be put in sealed bags. This clothing should be washed in hot water or put in the dryer on high heat.
- Clean clothing should remain out of the room until after treatment is complete.
- Bookshelves, nightstands or other furniture must be emptied so that the technician can spray the undersides of the furniture. Place all items in tightly sealed garbage bags which should be stored out of the room until after treatment is complete.
- Furniture and items should be moved at least 15 cm away from the walls to facilitate spraying of the baseboards.